Dealing with the death of a family member is traumatic & painful. Losing a loved one to the negligence of someone else, can make matters even more difficult. At Huelat & Mack P.C., we know there is no amount of money that can fairly compensate you and your family for the passing of a loved one. However, damages recovered through a wrongful death claim can protect your family’s financial future & compensate you for your loss.
Do I Have a Wrongful Death Claim?
The only way to know for certain if you have a wrongful death case is to consult our experienced attorneys in La Porte, Indiana. At Huelat & Mack P.C., we have the experience & knowledge of the laws & precedents relevant to these types of cases.
If your loved one’s death was caused by deliberate wrongdoing or negligence of one or more parties, you may have a wrongful death. Some of the common ways negligence can lead to death include:
- Accidents involving a motor vehicle
- Motorcycle accidents
- Trucking accidents
- Abuse or neglect at the hands of nursing home staff
- Dog bites
- Workplace & construction injuries
- Pedestrian or bicyclist injuries
- A defective or dangerously marketed drug
- A defective or faulty product or consumer good
If the victim could have filed a personal injury claim and they survived, the option generally exists for surviving family members to pursue a wrongful death claim against the party(s) responsible.
Indiana Wrongful Death Attorneys
Each client’s case is different and we build the most effective strategy for resolving your wrongful death claim. There are certain elements that form the basis of all claims involving both personal injury & wrongful death. These elements include:
- The at-fault party failed to act in a reasonably cautious manner, or acted with intent to harm
- The careless or malicious conduct caused your loved one injury
- A loved one died as a result of this injury
- The loss of your loved one has resulted in financial losses and other damages for you and your family
In order to have a valid wrongful death claim, you must show that your loved one’s death was a direct result of someone else’s negligence and that you have suffered financially. One of the most common examples we see is a family pursuing a claim against a careless driver for a fatal motor vehicle accident.
Many different forms of negligence can result in wrongful death. At Huelat & Mack P.C., we identify all of the liable parties in your claim & advocate on your behalf to obtain the compensation that you & your family deserve. Contact us today & schedule your appointment to speak with our attorneys to see if you have a wrongful death case.